Hello! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with 25 years of counseling experience. I received a Master’s Degree in Counseling from Assumption College in Worcester, Massachusetts in 1993 and completed post graduate training in the following evidenced based modalities:
- Advanced Certified Transactional Analysis Practitioner -TAAP (Southeast Institute in Chapel Hill, NC 20 months)
- Advanced Integrative Therapy (Basic, Masters level and PTSD completed)
- Couples Counseling Training John and Julie Gottman level 1 & 2
- Emotionally Focused Therapy / Sue Johnson - Externiship completed June 2016
- Emotionally Focused Therapy 6 months Core Skills training completed in Greensboro, NC March 2017
- Personality Adaptations
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
USATAA-United States of America Transactional Analysis Association
ICEEFT-International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
I have worked in private practice as a psychotherapist for the past 10 years. Prior to that I provided counseling for 15 years to individuals with a variety of psychological, physical, and cognitive disabilities in a rehabilitation setting both in the public and private sector.
I am a compassionate clinician who incorporates a spiritual component in my work with clients. I believe each individual is capable of change and can benefit from the value of the therapeutic process.
The aim of my work is to collaborate with clients to help them experience more joy, success, and meaning in all areas of their lives. I am a warm, caring, and experienced therapist interested in helping clients access their innate strengths, achieve greater self-understanding, and find workable solutions to existing problems. Having observed the enormously positive effect therapy can have on people's lives, I am passionate about and find great joy in being a therapist.